You may remember I picked up a 6 month Taster subscription last month to Love With Food. I love the concept of this box – discover new organic/ vegan/ gluten free/ non-GMO snacks, and in turn also help fight hunger in America.
My first Love with Food box came last week and we have been enjoying our new snacks all week!
Here’s what the box looks like when it arrived:
Love this message on the inside of the box!
Since this is my first box, I’m not sure if I should expect each box’s goodies to be handpicked by a guest or if this month is something special. In any case, my box was designed by Megan Roosevelt, Founder of Healthy Grocery Girl.
I really liked that inside the box there was this little menu that let me know each snack, what brand it comes from, and all the ingredients. They also specifically call out if a snack is Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, or Vegan… or in some cases, all four!
I am really loving the Choco Chews by TruJoy Sweets. They taste exactly like a Tootsie Roll but are Vegan, Organic, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free! YUM.
My current fashion obsession this spring is navy and white. I can’t get enough of it… Which is fitting since I graduated from Penn State.
Navy and white are such a classic color combo. You can add accessories with a pop of a bright color for a more modern look, or keep it simple with some nude pumps and pearls.
Here are some pieces I’m eyeing to add to my wardrobe this spring:
one. two. three. four. five. six
Warm weather, where are you?!
Wedding season is almost upon us and you know what that means- lots of bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and engagement parties will start anytime now.
Most couples will register at least with one major retailer for things they want, but what about for the couple that has everything? Or if you really would prefer a more sentimental gift than a blender. If you know the couple really well and know others will likely buy up their registry, personalized gifts can be a thoughtful alternative.
Two of my favorite places to shop for a little more out-of-the-box and thoughtful gifts are Thirty-One Gifts and Uncommon Goods. My mom is a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts so I have been familiar with their products for a few years now. All of their bags are high quality and durable. Plus they offer tons of options for fonts and colors for their personalized embroidery. Your options are really endless!
Here are a few of my favorite wedding inspired gifts from Thirty-One.
one. two. three. four. five
Uncommon Goods has some very unique gifts. Many are artist created and they have a lot of options that you can personalize. I love these couple and wedding gifts below.
one. two. three. four. five. six.
Where else do you love to shop for personalized gifts? How many weddings are on your calendar so far in 2015?
I love holidays. I love the decorations, the food, any excuse to dress up, and the general merriment the holidays bring. My family is Irish so St. Patrick’s Day has always been one of my favorites. My mom also makes this incredible Potato Soup that I would eat every single day if she’d make it! It’s really that good.
Most towns probably have some sort of celebration happening for St. Patrick’s Day but I’ve complied a list of suggestions for the New England states in case you’re up for a last minute holiday getaway! Or you could take a road trip and hit a few of these events!
Greater New Haven St Patrick’s Day Parade – The largest single-day spectator event in the state of Connecticut Begins at 1:30pm on Sunday, March 15
The Greater Hartford St. Patrick’s Day Parade– 11am Saturday, March 14
Newport St. Patrick’s Day Parade– 11am Saturday, March 14
Providence St. Patrick’s Day Parade– Noon Saturday, March 21
Bud Light Saint Patrick’s Day at Mount Snow– $17 lift tickets on March 17th
Burlington Irish Heritage Festival– Celebrating Irish heritage various days in March
Manchester St. Patrick’s Parade– Sunday, March 29
Bretton Woods Ski Resort– $17 lift tickets on March 17
Bath Blarney Days– March 12-17th
Saint Patrick’s Parade Portland– Sunday, March 15
South Boston St. Patrick’s Day Parade– Probably the largest and most well known on this list the South Boston Parade this year is on Sunday, March 15
Holyoke St. Patrick’s Day Parade– Sunday, March 22
Looking forward to the festivities!
You’ve probably had your picture taken for a family photo or the yearbook, but I would bet many of my readers haven’t had a professional head shot taken before. Now that we are all so visible online with Facebook and LinkedIn, I think it’s really a great idea to have a professional image to represent yourself with online. Much better than cropping out your friend so that you have a good shot of yourself! Having a professional head shot session was one of my goals on my 101 list so that I could have a few images of myself to use for Even Keeled.
Two weeks ago I had a session with Rachel from A Storybook Image. Rachel was great to work with and I am thrilled with the images I now have to start developing my brand on Even Keeled. Our entire session was only around 15 minutes so you really won’t need to block out too much of your time for a great end result! I recommend dressing in something that compliments your skin tone and isn’t too busy. That’s why I picked solid colored tops and simple jewelry pieces. Relax and be yourself – you want the photos to look like you so don’t get too crazy with your makeup!
Here are some of my favorites below! Thanks Rachel!
I’ll be escaping the cold and snow next week for a company meeting out in sunny California! In the spirit of always trying to remain even keeled, here are ten of my best tips for business travel to keep you sane and polished at your next business meeting!
- Take into consideration the weather- but don’t forget conference rooms are usually chilly! Bring a versatile cardigan or blazer that you can throw over multiple outfits to stay warm during your meetings.
- Roll your clothes! I won’t pack any other way. You can fit SO much more when you roll your clothes. Bonus- less wrinkles when you get to your destination.
- Invest in a travel toiletry bag. I love mine from Thirty-One. If you travel frequently it’s definitely worth investing in a few toiletry bag staples to always keep in there so you don’t risk forgetting! I always have deodorant, face wash, q-tips, tooth paste, and Tylenol in my bag. Check the travel or dollar section at your local CVS or Target to stock up. Don’t forget a toothbrush cover!
- Plan your outfits ahead of time. I always lay my outfits out on the bed to make sure I have a full outfit for each day or event of the trip. If you know you’ll need to change for dinner, try to pack something that you can dress up like adding a sweater and jewelry to a dress or dress pants with a new shirt.
- Keep shoes to a minimum. Shoes take up a ton of room when packing. I always pack at least two pairs but make sure I have something I can be comfortable in on the plane and shoes that go with multiple outfits.
- Leave the blow dryer at home. I’m confident in saying just about every hotel ever has a blow dryer. So leave yours at home and use the one in your room!
- Try to stick to a carry-on bag. It is so much easier to only have to worry about one piece of luggage that should remain at your side the entire trip. But if you do need to have a checked piece of luggage make sure you have a complete outfit in your carry on in case your luggage gets lost or delayed! You won’t want to show up to your meeting in whatever outfit you wore on the plane.
- Take advantage of your time in the air. Whether you need to fine tune your presentation or catch some much needed shut eye before you arrive, make sure you are fully utilizing that time.
- When in doubt, think conservatively. If you don’t know what the dress code will be, always remember to dress tasteful and conservatively (especially if you are young!). You don’t want to show up to an important meeting feeling under dressed or looking immature so remember to pack so that you are putting your best foot forward.
- Keep your power cords close by. I always make sure my iPhone and laptop power cords are either in my purse or right at the top of my carry-on luggage in case I am delayed and end up sitting at an airport longer than expected.
I can’t be the only one who is really getting sick of the cold, snow, and general bleh that has taken over the Northeast this winter.
What’s the perfect winter blues pick me up? Shopping! And not just any shopping- shopping for warmer weather clothes!
Here’s a few of my favorite retailers who are offering sales and specials today!
$25 off Pants and Jeans with the code: BOTTOMSUP
LoveLoft Cardmember Exclusive! Earn TWO $25 Loft Cash Cards for every $50 you spend!
A few Loft Items I have my eye on…
35% off your online purchase today only with the code BRGREAT35
Lord and Taylor:
25% off almost all dresses and tuxedos with code: SPRING
20% off fine jewelry with code: SPRING
Time to dream about warmer days, open toes, and bare legs! Come soon Spring! We need you!